Located in the London Borough of Enfield in North London, Arnos Grove can be found within the Southgate Green ward of the Enfield ward. It lies approximately seven miles (12 kilometers) north of Charing Cross. The property is located next to the New Southgate. A series of natural groves, larger than today, occupied a large area of the parish of Edmonton in the chapelry of Southgate. The two parks have become intertwined as the former owner of Arnos Park was permitted to convert part of his property into the former Arnos Park, the core of which is currently open to the public.
Barnet and Haringey are nearby boroughs. Arnos Grove is the closest tube station to Heathrow Airport and is located in the New London Borough of Haringey. North Circular Road is the district’s center.
Arnos Grove was owned by the Nuns of Clerkenwell until Henry VIII dismantled the monasteries. In the 14th century, the area was called Armholt Wood, and later Arnold. As a result of a storm which damaged the site, a Tudor manor house was erected here and was destroyed in 1719. In the same year, they may have constructed a mansion named Arnolds in Cannon Hill, Southgate, possibly occupied by James Colebrook, who became the owner of the estate the same year.
Arnos Park Arnos Park in Arnos Grove is one of the main features of this community. Arnos Park, once the Arnos Grove estate, was purchased by Southgate Council in 1928 and opened its doors in 1928. This park contains diverse woodland and mainly grassy fields that flow through the Pymmes Brook. The Piccadilly Line is carried by a large brick viaduct, with a total of 34 numbered arches, from Arnos Grove tube station on the southern side of the park, passing through the western end of the park. There is a large area of the grounds devoted to a playground for children, and there are several tennis courts. Several trails pass through Pymmes Brook Park. On the north side of the park, you can see evidence of the abandoned New River loop.
Check Woodberry Down Area