London Borough of Brent, where Brondesbury is located, is in England’s London. For a very long time, this area was a part of the Municipal Borough of Brent, which has since become part of the Ancient Parish of Willesden.
Nearby Brondesbury station is the A5, an old Roman road that was once the northernmost part of the London Borough of Camden. These could also be considered Brondesbury addresses.
During the Victorian era, the area was largely a rural area. In the late 1860s and early 1890s, Brondesbury saw an increase in development with the establishment of a suburban layout and a subsequent wave of house building. Communities of British, Irish, Jewish, black, and other peoples of color have long sustained themselves in the city.
Harlesden Manor was also included in the parish of Willesden, which was divided into eight prebends.
Brownswood was the private land of the prebendary of Brondesbury, which was frequently confused with Brand Manor, the origin of the Brand mark. As a result of an act passed in 1840, the estate was transferred from the prebendaries to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. Ralph Marsh, who retained ownership at the Restoration (1660), sold it to the Parliamentary Commissioners in 1649. The Church of England acquired the freehold interest in Brondesbury in 1856 by buying the remaining freehold portion of Bounds manor.
By 1538, there existed a moated house in the manor house. In 1649, a description is found of the building, probably with the remains of the moat, while in 1749, a large, L-shaped structure with a central cupola was depicted. A three-story villa with a canted entrance bay to the north front that rose to the height of its height in the seventeenth century was built by Lady (Sarah) Salusbury in England. From the east end of the building, a lower addition ran southward. According to Repton’s Red Book, the hilltop site was praised for its beautiful view of London.
Check Blackwall Area